Dental Implants are one of the most sought-after treatments for the restoration of missing teeth. Although there are plenty of dental procedures for teeth restoration, dental implant stands out due to its many advantages over other procedures.
A dental implant is a screw-like dental device typically made of titanium that is surgically placed on the patient’s jawbone. It serves as the replacement of the missing tooth root to hold dental prostheses in place. Dental crowns, bridges, and dentures can act as the missing teeth to complete the overall restoration.
At Oak Park Dental Associates, we want to help our patients get only the best services available for any of their dental concerns. To help them concerning missing teeth, we provide a more stable, durable, convenient, and comfortable restoration in the form of Dental Implants for better health and wellness.
Amazing Facts about Dental Implants
- The durability of dental implants is comparable to space shuttles and guided missiles since they are made from the same material – titanium.
- The idea of the treatment has been around for many years, and it has been traced back to the Ancient Mayans. They use tooth-shaped shells to replace missing teeth. It was thought to have been performed post-mortem, but traces of bone growth to the shells suggests otherwise.
- It offers a fortunate side effect – it helps strengthen the jaws! An implant post made of titanium can promote Osseointegration which is the formation of a natural bond between the bone and post. Since it stimulates bone growth, it is guaranteed to offer stronger jaws for better teeth function.
- Dental implants cannot be affected by tooth decay. Since they are artificial dental prosthesis placed on the mouth, bacteria cannot cause any damage to the post or pontics (fake teeth). That said, proper dental hygiene should still be practiced to also keep the oral structures healthy for better support.
- The procedure can serve as a permanent teeth restoration procedure. With proper dental hygiene and care for the maintenance of the oral structures, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
- Anyone who needs to have their teeth restored can avail of the procedure. As long as they have a fully developed jaw for a secured and better foundation for the implant post that is surgically placed on the jawbone.
- The dental implant procedure is popular among many people that based on the American Academy of Implant Dentistry there are three million people who have availed of the treatment for missing teeth.
Restore your missing teeth without compromising comfort and convenience with a natural-looking treatment with Dental Implants for better overall health and wellness!
Aim for a better and brighter smile with Dental Implants in Oak Park, IL! Book your appointment with us at Oak Park Dental Associates. We are located at 6711 W North Avenue, Oak Park, IL 60302.